The surgical video library was created to bridge a difficult gap between classroom theory and clinical application. Students and researchers who are involved in designing biomaterials for successful clinical use should be aware of not only the need for such a therapy but the various constraints and parameters involved with each implant and its proper placement. Showing video clips of surgical procedures involving biomaterials addresses this issue, and may both enhance and stimulate learning in the classroom. Through this, students and researchers can develop more clinically relevant biomaterials while attaining a deeper motivation and gaining a more global perspective for their area of research.
Use the menu to the left to navigate the site. You can Search for videos or begin browsing by several different criteria.
Please contact us if you have any questions!
If you have videos related to biomaterials or know of good links to videos please send an email to the Chair of the Surgical Video Library Initative,
Dr. Jeffrey M. Karp
Instructor of Medicine
Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital
Harvard Medical School Room 313, PRB
65 Landsdowne Street
Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Tel: 617-817 9174
The SFB does not endorse any products from, or have affiliations with, any of the video suppliers.
The information provided on this site is presented for educational purposes. The SFB is not a health care provider and does not provide medical diagnosis or treatment.
A presentation on hand injuries and related surgical management. Included is a review of the anatomy of the hand and a demonstration of surgical procedures that repair injury and restore function.
Biomaterials in the news
- Eye research to develop human corneal transplants without the need of donors - Media Newswire (press release)
- How to remove radioactive materials from drinking water - Daily News & Analysis
- Thornton needed to go - Kansas.com
- Carmell Therapeutics Completes Series A Financing to Advance the Development ... - Bradenton Herald
- Carmell Therapeutics Completes Series A Financing to Advance the Development ... - PR Newswire (press release)
- Reportlinker Adds Dental Devices Market Outlook in India to 2017 - Dental ... - PR Newswire (press release)
- Medline Premier Contract for Surgical Mesh Biomaterials Expanded to Include ... - Marketwire (press release)