The surgical video library was created to bridge a difficult gap between classroom theory and clinical application. Students and researchers who are involved in designing biomaterials for successful clinical use should be aware of not only the need for such a therapy but the various constraints and parameters involved with each implant and its proper placement. Showing video clips of surgical procedures involving biomaterials addresses this issue, and may both enhance and stimulate learning in the classroom. Through this, students and researchers can develop more clinically relevant biomaterials while attaining a deeper motivation and gaining a more global perspective for their area of research.
Use the menu to the left to navigate the site. You can Search for videos or begin browsing by several different criteria.
Please contact us if you have any questions!
If you have videos related to biomaterials or know of good links to videos please send an email to the Chair of the Surgical Video Library Initative,
Dr. Jeffrey M. Karp
Instructor of Medicine
Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital
Harvard Medical School Room 313, PRB
65 Landsdowne Street
Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Tel: 617-817 9174
The SFB does not endorse any products from, or have affiliations with, any of the video suppliers.
The information provided on this site is presented for educational purposes. The SFB is not a health care provider and does not provide medical diagnosis or treatment.
Biomaterials in the news
- Study Finds Steady Innovation in Global Biomaterials Market - Azom.com
- Global Biomaterials Market to Reach $88.4B by 2017 Featured - Becker's Orthopedic & Spine
- Noble Biomaterials announces call for research proposals - McKnight's Long Term Care News
- Global Biomaterials Market - PR Newswire UK (press release)
- Noble Biomaterials Calls for Research Proposals - Infection Control Today
- Biomaterials Market (Cardiovascular, Orthopedic, Dental, Tissue Engineering ... - PR Web (press release)
- Exciting Opportunities for Exhibitors at the 2014 NJ Symposium on Biomaterials ... - Virtual-Strategy Magazine (press release)